22.5.09

Quiet Weekend

It's been a quite week here at the EBRL. Nothing terribly wild has occurred in any of the laboratories, none of the researchers have had a eureka moment yet, save the incident in the cafeteria yesterday but that was later discovered to just be a stray piece of eggplant Parmesan that had been dropped two weeks ago. As well, there have been no major breakdowns in equipment.

If anything, the arcology has been holding up surprisingly well. I'd wager the good weather has been favorable with the tides so the structure hasn't been tested and the power plants are producing adequate energy.

In all honesty, with the way the facility is usually in a state of hectic chaos, I am waiting for the steel-toed safety boot to drop. Security gets edgy when all is quiet as well, but I'm sure the weekend will relax most everyone. Only a select few who are undergoing time-sensitive projects or labs that require constant monitoring will be manned for the next three days.

I'm sure I'm being unjustly paranoid and it will be a safe weekend for all involved.

Or have I just doomed us all by saying that?

No comments: